Left handed complements

Quoting Elijah Scott <imperial1971@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Another suggestion -- for the wheels with left-hand
> threaded lugs, put a piece of masking tape on the
> fender right above the wheel with "LEFT-HANDED
> THREADS" or the equivalent in BIG letters.  If nothing
> else, this will at least slow Mongo down long enough
> to ask what that's supposed to mean.

Many shops around here in TX have Mexicans workers, and most don't speak
English, so that would not work.  Talking to the shop supervisor also does not
work.  I have to be right there.  And still, they often overtorque the first
nut.

A few months back, I had the green car for rear tire replacement.  The Mexican
fellow had raised the car up high, and was about to remove the hubcap.  I told
him to beware because thats heavy.  It looked like he was expecting it to be
like the modern half-pound hubcaps.  He smiled at me, but did not understand a
word I said.  As soon as the cap broke loose, it slipped of his hand, and came
right on his head with all its 10-15#s.  Poor guy.  I knew that hubcap was a
bit damaged, so I did not care much.  I guess his head slowed down the impact
with the ground...

D^2, 2x68s