Ideas for Box for Misc. Items

As everyone knows by now, I am trying to get my car ready to take to the
Packard/Imperial meet this weekend.  Well, everytime I go anywhere with
one of my old cars, I always have to spend an hour getting together all
the stuff I think I might need along the way-- stuff like oil,
antifreeze, funnels, tools, flashlights, .357 Sig, jumper cables, etc.

Right now I have all these things in little cardboard boxes spread out
among 5 cars-- and in my garage.  My jumper cables, for instance, were
in the trunk of the car I have in storage-- which meant a trip to the
storage place.

Okay, so my question is: I'm sure there are many of you who go on long
trips regularly and have some sort of carrying box or caddy or something
for all this junk.  Can anyone give me some ideas?  I'd like to have one
big tub or box will ALL this stuff in it that I could just pick up and
move from car to car.  What do people use?

And what are the basic tools one would carry?

Thanks, Mark