"Black Plate"

When I lived in California they were using the blue plates, which I will
always associate with California for the rest of my life.

2 questions:  since I lived in L.A. in the early 80's, which was 20 years ago,
is there any value to saying a car is a "blue plate" car?  Would seem so.

2nd, is it possible to get black plates and just put them on your car?  How do
you know you're really getting a black plate car?  Is the tag# on the title
and/or registration?

Mark