'59 valve job

I'd save up for a complete engine rebuild.  The expensive Bay Area is
$2500-$2700 or so for what I want to do.

That includes redone valvetrain and new gaskets everywhere that will stop
your car from dripping oil for awhile.  Probably make you grin after you
break the motor in and romp on the gas for the first time, too.

Maybe run the car till the engine croaks and then just redo everything all
at once?  There are probably several other items in there that are
standing in line behind that sticky valve just waiting to expire.

A valve job would indeed fix the sticky valve.  Not aware of anything else
that will....

-K

--- Imperial59crown@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Kenyon answered:
> > You didn't mention why the valve job was needed, and I'll assume that
> you
> have your reasons.   If you're not sure, one thing that you can do is a
> compression test.  <
>
> The reason that I believe I need a valve job is because my mechanic told
> me
> when I first got the car running again that there was a sticky valve,
> and
> compression was low in one of the cylinders. I would prefer not to do a
> valve
> job, and it sounds like a task which would be much more than my limited
> space
> and time would allow me to perform. I would prefer to just go in and
> unstick
> the sticky valve if that's possible. My mechanic has also told me I
> would
> need a valve job at some point, but with an estimate of $1,000.00, that
> point
> will be quite a way in the future.
> Bill '59 Crown

=====
Kenyon Wills
6o LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
73 LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious

San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area