Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2003 9:23 PM
Subject: IML: '59 valve job

Kenyon answered:

You didn't mention why the valve job was needed, and I'll assume that you
have your reasons.   If you're not sure, one thing that you can do is a
compression test.  <

The reason that I believe I need a valve job is because my mechanic told me when I first got the car running again that there was a sticky valve, and compression was low in one of the cylinders. I would prefer not to do a valve job, and it sounds like a task which would be much more than my limited space and time would allow me to perform. I would prefer to just go in and unstick the sticky valve if that's possible. My mechanic has also told me I would need a valve job at some point, but with an estimate of $1,000.00, that point will be quite a way in the future.
Bill '59 Crown