sticky valves

Those of us who live in metropolitan areas in hot climes most assuredly have to
deal with stuck valves and bent pushrods.  The oxygenated gas we are forced to
use has water as a major component of the ethanol or methanol blend.  That
blend can turn to varnish in just a few months and thus deposit itself on the
valve stems thereby "gumming up" the works.  If you don't believe me, I've got
a bunch of twisted valve stems I can show you.

I've taken to making a "cocktail"  of about 50/50 Marvel Mystery Oil and B-12
Chemtool to pour into the carb before I try to start a car that's been sitting
for a while.  The nice thing about the Carter carbs is the bowl vent that
allows me to fill the bowl before I start the engine.

Peace,
Roger
in the Valley of the Sun (Phoenix)