growing fuzz

Hi All,
   I have treated our Imp poorly, I'm afraid, and left it out in the rain with
a water leak in the trunk. It developed a mold problem in the carpet there, so
I moved the wife's car out of the garage and put the Imp in and opened it all
up. The moisture that developed inside the car that migrated from the trunk and
is now growing mold on the carpet inside and on the headliner. Shame on me:-(.
Will I be able to kill this stuff permanently without having to gut the
interior, and what do I use if I can?

Thanks,
Dave
67 Haze Green Sedan