more info on '67 brake problem

...this just in:  The area around the "junction box" for where the front and
rear brake lines branch out, the thingy with the brake pressure sensor that
makes the "brake system" light do its thing, appears to be a bit wet.  I'll
have to wait until the exhaust manifold cools before I can get near it to
see if it needs tightening though.  If it is leaking, then it is VERY
slight.  Could be from when the new metal brake lines were put in.

Pressing on the brake pedal has no effect on engine idle speed.  If I stomp
down on the pedal very quickly, it seems to have more resistance than if I
just apply gradual pressure on the pedal.  If I do that then it slowly
decends towards the floor until it reaches it and then the "brake system"
light comes on.  Any ideas yet?  Thanks, Greg