A/C time

I have had my compressor off the car (63 IMP)for 2 years as I worked on the
car, now I am ready for some A/C. The pulley moved freely, but when I power the
clutch I could not turn the pulley. This lead me top pull off the back plate to
look around a bit. Under the back cover things did not look good, a black
carbon ring (A seal I fear) and deep scraches on the inside of the back plate.
I need you A/C guys to inform of my next move.
Rebuild this system... OR...

Has anyone tried the conversion: FROM A MOPAR MUSCLE ARTICLE
http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howto/16478/

"The crux of their conversion is a pair of brackets that allow the Sanden
compressor to mount in the stock location, even using the factory-length fan
belts for the compressor clutch and the original hard refrigerant lines. This
is truly a remove-and-replace deal that will net you a more efficient
compressor with a parasitic loss of about three horsepower, works at a much
higher rpm than the stock unit, is close to thirty pounds lighter than the iron
pump, and is more attractive in the engine compartment due to its smaller, less
clumsy design and aluminum housing."

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com