From: bom tie <bomtie@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:44 PM
Subject: IML: A/C time

> I have had my compressor off the car (63 IMP)for 2 years as I worked on
the car, now I am ready for some A/C. The pulley moved freely, but when I
power the clutch I could not turn the pulley. This lead me top pull off the
back plate to look around a bit. Under the back cover things did not look
good, a black carbon ring (A seal I fear) and deep scraches on the inside of
the back plate.
> I need you A/C guys to inform of my next move.
> Rebuild this system... OR...
>
> Has anyone tried the conversion: FROM A MOPAR MUSCLE ARTICLE
> http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/howto/16478/
>
> "The crux of their conversion is a pair of brackets that allow the Sanden
compressor to mount in the stock location, even using the factory-length fan
belts for the compressor clutch and the original hard refrigerant lines.
This is truly a remove-and-replace deal that will net you a more efficient
compressor with a parasitic loss of about three horsepower, works at a much
higher rpm than the stock unit, is close to thirty pounds lighter than the
iron pump, and is more attractive in the engine compartment due to its
smaller, less clumsy design and aluminum housing."