66 Convert Top

Hi LB!...saw your email regarding the 'boots' for your '66....I am looking for
a set also for my second '66 conv. and would be interested depending on the
$$$$. The first of my conv'ts came with a set of boots made out of relatively
this fiberglass (?). they do not seem very durable at all which may be why
there are not all that many around from what I hear.....The boots I have snap
on to 'snap' receiver pins in the chrome trim that goes around the area where
the 'boot' would 'snap' on to. I thought that when you replace the top you
would be putting the chrome trim back on where it originally was. ??? Reason I
ask is that I also have to replace the tops on both my convertibles, hopefully
over the summer, and will be in the same position as you apparently are right
now......by the way contact me directly (dan.donna.m@xxxxxxx) and let me know
where you bought your top from and what you think about the product itself and
if instructionbs of any kind can with it.
Thanks bunches!!!!! and good luck with the car...by the way, what color is
yours? my babies are WHITE and the other is BRANDY colored (dark cherry, I
think)
Dan Melnik