Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: IML: 81-83 Entry lighting lenses (door lock)

Hi,

My experience is the same as William's  The interior light
bulbs are fine, and fiber optic cables are OK, but the exterior
'lenses' are shot.  Milky whitish/gray.  I was going to look into
replacing mine with something else but haven't figured out
what to use.  I would think that some thin polycarbonate
sheet would work.  (GE Lexan is one brand.)

It is the same material that newer headlamp lenses are made
from.  You could lightly sand the edge to create a glowing
ring around the cylinder.

If I ever try it, I will let you know how it works.  If you try
it William, let us know.

As far as the heated mirrors, I will look in my manual to see
if both sides are heated. (I only drive mine in summer so
I never noticed.)

Dan Wing
Marcy, NY USA

imp1983@xxxxxxxx