RV2 Compressor fittings

I know that on a RV2 compressor, the Suction or low side is on the back and the liquid or high side is on the front.  What is the connector that is on the top of the compressor head (toward the center of the car), low or high?

The manual shows a guage set up that has 4 hoses and 3 guages and I'm confused.  I want to put some seal conditioner in one of my R12 systems and the cannister will not fit the normal low side connector due to obstructions of the compressor itself.

KerryP
Patch panels fabricated
Pinkertonk@xxxxxxxxx
dte.net/57imperial
Imperials -- 50 Limo, 57 roadster, 61's, 62, 68 Convert, 73, a 66 300 and a bunch of lesser marques