custom '57

Hello All;
 Looks like someone butchered yet another Imperial. If they want to chop and
channel a car why don't these jerks pick a beater car instead of destroying
nice rust free originals. If they are going to remove the bottom six inches
or more of the body anyway why do they care if that six inches is rusted? In
the old days the cars that would get customised would be cars that were
either dead common, like Chebbies, or ones that had been in fender benders,
and they were usually much milder in scope.
 On the same note they usually customised contemporary late model cars, not
ones on the short side of fifty. By rights they should be customising
Cordobas, Valiants, or Lincoln Park Avenues, instead they want to live in
the past but not the way the past was actually lived. In this respect the
rice boys have a better grasp of this original concept, albeit their taste
is somewhat questionable.
  I am not going to commend somebody  for destroying an original car because
they are too lazy to do a little sandblasting. As a matter of fact I think
that they should be tarred and feathered for it, certainly not revered.
These cars are not being made anymore and I don't think that someone today,
on a whim, has any right to deprive these vehicles to future generations,
certainly not so they can win a few trophies. This club is dedicated to
preserving and restoring the Imperial automobile, not hacking and modifying
them. The day it goes that way is the day I quit permanently.
Best Regards
Arran Foster
1954 Imperial Newport
Needing A left Side taillight bezel and other trim parts.