From: James
Sent: Sunday, May 18, 2003 1:06 PM
Subject: IML: by Chrysler

Hi,

I came across a fuselage Imp yesterday that had "By Chrysler" badged
above the Imperial namplate on the trunk.  What year was this, 1972?  I
remember some mention of this before, but can't remember the year.  I
guess this goes towards Hugh's discourse on the muddled identity of the
Imperial.  Actually what I thought was most interesting looking at this
car and my 76 NYB together was how similar the styling is.  While the
fuselage was much blockier and rounded, you can definitely tell that
there were some carry-overs into the 74-78 styling.  Compare that to the
68/69 change, to my mind anyway those years are very different.

James