vinyl roof problem

Dear Grandpa and Cheryl,

I have a similar white spot on my '71's roof and I'm not sure what it is
or how to get it off, but to clean my vinyl top I often use a soft
bristle brush with a cleaner like 409 or Castrol Super Clean (I think
that's what it's called).  But first I wash the car and the top, and I
dilute the cleaner.  The brush helps get down in the cracks in the
texture.

Mark M