Checking ownership

I went through this with two 38 & 39 ford PUs I had
bought.  In our state you can go to the courthouse and
get a new title application.  I got 2 of these then
found the frame serial number on the trucks. Ford it
is on the drivers side frame rail.  Then a state
patrol officer verified the numbers filled in the
sheets I got them notarised.  then they were sent into
the state with a filing fee and 30 days later I
received new titles for each. Each state is differnt.
I hear NY and Calif. are the easiest to do it.RC

   --- Bob Smith <limoguy1950@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: > When
buying a used car, you will already need to