Restoration/body work in St. louis

I went through the same scenario about three years ago with my 67 Crown
Coupe .
 There were a couple of  quarter size spots on the car that had started to
bubble.
These spots coupled with the fact that the car was also wearing an
embarrassingly poor re-paint had me searching local body shops for
estimates.

The estimates ranged from the ridiculously high (to me)   $8500- to $10,000,
 the low Macco estimates of $1000- $2800

The higher estimates were from "restoration" shops that I think really
didn't want to mess with an Imperial.
 They were into the red chebbie convert type vehicles
 The Macco shop on the other hand was enthusiastic to paint my Crown Coupe .
 But I viewed a couple of cars that had just been re-done by them and they
looked , for lack of a better word crappy.  Orange peel, and poor tape
masking .
Macco shop aside,  I think most body shops just plain don't want to deal
with an older car.

                                 Clay Smith 67 Crown Coupe
                                                   60 Custom