Two bad compressors in a row?

Hang on... before blowing air into the system, how about a little visual inspection.  A blockage in a line will produce frost on the line at that point. Finding a blockage is usually pretty easy. Also, get a set of manifold gauges hooked up and check the pressures against specs.... There's a lot of stuff I'd do before I'd start blowing air into the syatem.