413 vs 400 engine swap-Why?

What's the deal?
Well, the deal is that I bought a 400 on Ebay about a year ago that had a stock rebuild done to it, It also came with a two barrel carb that Im not sure I want to use, Im thinking I can use the one from the 413 (not sure). The price for the 400 was 500.00 I thought the price was good and that I would use it to swap out my 413 (as we know)
I have been hearing of performance being comprimised which Im not crazy about hearing.
Since I am not that knowlegeable, of course I asked a local Mopar enthusiast who stated it would be an easy swap with the exception of a bell housing I would need to puchase.
Now... "IF" I am making a horrible mistake, which I have come to make a few in this lifetime.
My guess is I need to sort out facts from opinions (which both I respect and appreciate) and just make another examination of this situation. I am going to rebuild the suspension completely during the engine work and have the seals on the transmission replaced, that is if I dont just buy another rebuilt one on Ebay. I would be wiser though to find someone within the club who does the trans service now that I think about it.
OK so thats the deal...