The silly world of Imperials

Interesting proposition Hugh, but Elwood Engel did not design the '58 Lincoln.
That was done by John Nadjar.

I guess that silliness is in the eye of the beholder. I think it is fine to
enjoy them in a silly way if that turns you on. For me it is serious. The money
that I spend on them is hard to come by and the work that it takes to keep them
running is certainly nothing to laugh about. When I am on the road a lot of
people smile. When I have to opportunity to talk with them, they usually don't
say that the car is funny looking. Although there are some very odd styling
cues such as the Flight sweep deck lid, gun sight tail lights, free standing
headlights (not sure what they called those), and the New Horizon Super Scenic
Windshield.

I guess by today's standards one could say that our cars are "silly", but in
their day they stood for luxury and prestige.

Paul