moving the a/c compressor

Is anybody on the list familiar with moving the a/c compressor? As you may
be aware, I am putting a Magnum crate motor in my '83. Trouble comes from
the fact that the two choices I have for intake manifolds include one where
the thermostat housing is dead center and one where it is offset to the
passenger side. On the traditional LA small block it is offset to the
driver's side. This means I have to either try to wiggle it to the passenger
side and keep the center housing or get the offset intake and move the a/c
all the way to the driver's side.  It can take the place held by my air pump
which won't be compatible with the Magnum. Problems are extending the a/c
hoses and finding a bracket.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I already have the engine, so I
need to get started ASAP.

Rob

Find high-speed ‘net deals — comparison-shop your local providers here.
https://broadband.msn.com