Speaking of carpeting

Try Folex Instant Carpet Spot Remover. Under $10 for a quart spray bottle at supermarkets (I bought it at Safeway). Says it removes rust and "most old stains". I know it works very well on pet stains, coffee, ink, plain ole dirt. You spray it on and blot it up with clean, dry towels (I use paper towels or the blue shop towels).

Laurie (who just cleaned up my son's bloody nose with this stuff)
'59 Crown, The Pink Lady

Is there any product that would remove or lighten what are obviously old rust stains?