Speaking of carpeting

Though the gray trunk carpeting in my 60 custom is in good shape overall ,there are a couple of good sized rust spots in the carpet nap.
Is there any product that would remove or lighten what are obviously old rust stains? .
I don't remember the brand name of the product , but last fall I tried a liquid rust remover  in a dark brown squeeze bottle.
It really didn't do anything. Maybe the stains are too old?
             Clay Smith
             60 Custom
             67 Crown Coupe