Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

--- "Henry Blair" wrote:
>Also, I am going to put an RV cam in the car, if the
>profile is significantly different from the one that
>is in it.  Does anyone know what the profile and
>specs of the stock cam are?  Car will have a
>Edelbrock 750 cfm / Performer 440 manifold with HP
>exhaust manifolds and 2 1/4” duals and the high
>performance electronic ignition.

Henry -- when I rebuilt the 440 in my '71 Imperial a
few years ago, I used a Competition Cam #21-213-4.
You can see the complete specs for this cam toward the
bottom of the page at
http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1971/Scott/Engine/.
I've been really pleased with the results -- better
low end torque, slightly improved mpg, and a nice
smoth idle with just a hint of a rumble to it.

Also be sure to have a crossover or "H" pipe welded in
to the dual exhaust system (preferably as close to the
engine as possible).  This will make a noticeable
improvement in low end torque.

Good luck!

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron