Two 75 Imperial Questions -- Vinyl Top Removal and Cam Profile

Quoting Brad Hogg <roadhogg@xxxxxxx>:

> Regarding the H pipe.  My muffler guy suggested if he were to convert my
> single exhaust car to dual that he would use everything as is ans simply add
> a second pipe to the right side.  He would just create a cut out in the
> elbow of the Y pipe and leave the entire stock Y pipe in place creating the
> H configuration when the right side is installed.  Has anyone else seen or
> heard anything like this?

I had done something similar to my 68 sedan.  Only, instead of leaving the stock
Y pipe, we cut it and welded it shut on the passenger side.  We installed a
brand new pipe for the driver side.  We had left the old pipe from the exhaust
manifold to the muffler.  Looked ugly, but it worked.  Now, this pipe is
getting old and rattly, so I would want to replace soon....

D^2