h-pipe/x-pipe

There's a guy in my neighborhood who is the x-pipe king.  He actually
introduced me to my mechanic and he's going to put the exhaust in my
Imperial if the engine is ever done.  He has an all-steel '64 Olds 442 that
ran a 9.50@xxxxxxx There was an article in Hot Rod about him and his exhaust
shop in June '01.

http://members.aol.com/xforcefast/hotrod-june2001.htm

Pertinent facts:
open headers 430 hp@xxxx  384 ft-lbs
full dual exhaust 412 hp@xxxx 371 ft-lbs
h-crossover 419 hp@xxxx 378 ft-lbs
x-pipe: 428 hp@xxxx  391 ft-lbs

Plus the crossover pipe generally quiets the exhaust down a little too.  The
only drawback is that they get in the way if you have to drop the driveshaft
or to work on the trans depending on where you place it.

Rob

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!