h-pipe/x-pipe

> ran a 9.50@xxxxxxx There was an article in Hot Rod
> about him and his exhaust
> shop in June '01.

I cut out that article for my file..I forget the
title...but it was an interesting read.  As D^2 said,
the Hor X pipe improves scavenging by taking advatage
of the exhaust wave pulses.  I believe the X pipe is
more efficient at doing this by virtue of the pipes
actualy crossing, instead of relying on a tuned length
of pipe.  Also, the closer to the engine, the more
effective the crossover.

> Plus the crossover pipe generally quiets the exhaust
> down a little too.  The
> only drawback is that they get in the way if you
> have to drop the driveshaft
> or to work on the trans depending on where you place

Supposedly the crossover raises the octave of the
engine note, and quiets it.  Someone likened it to the
sound of a NASCAR, but quieter.

You can get around the problems associated with
removal by not welding the pipe it, and using clamps
instead.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres