Walter P. Chrysler Club Annual meet in Omaha this year! July 13-17 2004

Walter P. Chrysler Club Annual meet in Omaha this year! July 13-17 2004 Plan to attend!

With all this talk about the WPC Club, I thought I
would post this info about the WPC Club National meet
which this year is right  here in SNOWY omaha
Nebraska!
(Snowy now but always hot in July!)
Anyway I am hopeful we can have a major Imperial
presence at this years meet.
With a little luck I may even be giving rides in my 65
Ghia limo!!!
My brother and I are both helping to host the event.
I heard great things about last years meet in
Minneapolis although my schedule kept me from
attending!
Anyway here is the web page with the info

http://www.chryslerclub.org/schedul.htm

35th Annual WPC Club
North American  Meet
Omaha, Nebraska
July13-17th, 2004

Hosted by the  Greater Omaha Region
of the WPC Club

General Schedule of Events

For 2004 our Annual National Meet heads to the Great
Plains of America and Omaha, Nebraska. Our Greater
Omaha Region has planned a very special week
concluding with a spectacular display of Chrysler
vehicles at historic Fort Omaha.  The host hotel is
the Embassy Suites. All rooms are suites and include
sitting rooms with a bar. All rooms also include
breakfast at the hotel, where your meal will be cooked
to order.

Host Hotel: Embassy Suites Downtown/Old Market, 555 S
10th St, Omaha, NE, Telephone 402-346-9000.

TUESDAY JULY 13

A driving tour is scheduled to the Henry Doorley Zoo.
The zoo complex includes the Desert Dome, Aquarium,
Jungle, and IMAX Theater. The zoo was recently named
the #1 Family Friendly Vacation Spot in the U.S., by
the Disney-owned Family Fun magazine. What a great way
to spend the day.

In the evening we have scheduled The River City Star
Boat Cruise. The cruise includes dinner and mood music
from a small jazz band.

WEDNESDAY JULY 14

We have bus tours going to Girls and Boys Town and the
Durham Western Heritage Museum. Nearly everyone has
heard of  Father Flanagan and the home he established
to help wayward youth. Here is our opportunity to tour
this remarkable facility. Lunch will be at Girls and
Boys Town.  After lunch our busses will take us to the
Durham Western Heritage Museum. The museum is housed
in Union Station, built by the Union Pacific Railroad
as a showpiece in the city of their headquarters. In
1972 it was donated to the city and became the home of
the Durham Western Heritage Museum.

THURSDAY JULY 15

Two fascinating museums are on the program for today,
the Strategic Air and Space Museum, and the Speedway
MotorsMuseum. The Speedway Motors Museum features the
Smith  Collection, one of the finest automotive,
racing and toy museums in America. The collection has
numerous vehicles, including a Tucker, vintage and
exotic racing engines, 5,000 tin'toy racecars, and 600
pedal cars. The Strategic Air and Space Museum was
opened in May 1996, and preserves aircraft and
missiles and includes an aircraft restoration gallery.

FRIDAY JULY 16

Today we have a little business to attend to before we
break up and go on some driving tours. At 9:30 AM the
Annual Membership Meeting will take place at the
Embassy Suites.  This meeting will be over by late
morning allowing plenty of time for touring.

Among the suggested tours are: Council Bluffs
featuring the Union Pacific Railroad Museum, Squirrel
Cage Jail Tour, Model Railroad Museum, and the
Confederate Air Force Museum; South Omaha featuring
the President Gerald Ford Birthplace, and the Omaha
Botanical Gardens; North Omaha featuring the Morman
Visitor's Center and Fort Atkinson.

In the evening there is a free concert at Heartland
Park just four blocks from the hotel.

SATURDAY JULY 17

The car show will be held at the Marching Grounds at
Fort Omaha, check-in begins at 8:00 AM and cars must
be on the show field by 10:00 AM. Judging will run
from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Vehicles will be placed in
36 classes as used for National Meets. From 10 AM to 3
PM tours of Crook House and Fort Omaha will be
available.

Back at the Embassy Suites at 6:00 PM cocktails will
be available leading up to dinner at 7:00 PM
immediately followed by the presentation of awards.

We hope to see you there. A registration form will
appear in the next issue of the WPC News.  We also
hope to have on-line secure credit card registration
for the meet by February or March.