Working Imperials

There are pros and cons to using old cars to earn money.

I drifted into using my cars for a Wedding Limo business almost by accident. People were always leaving notes on the windshield of my '61 LeBaron asking if I did weddings. When I got hit by the economic downturn, I started to think that this might be a way to keep my cars and have them pay for their maintenence.

On the whole I would not recommend anyone to offer an old car for a wedding service unless they are sure it is reliable or they have a suitable backup vehicle. Old Imperials make bad wedding limos because they are hard to get parts for. On the other hand, when I turn up at a wedding, the Imp usually gets more attention than the Bride and I have never had a bad comment about it or a complaint. One downside is that I am more reluctant to drive it on a regular basis in case someone runs into me or I have a breakdown.. On the other hand I have earned enough in the last year to pay for a transmission rebuild, the manufacture of two new rear quarter panels, rebuilt rear suspension not to mention several repairs to my '76 Eldo and I am still have a little left in the kitty.

In Hugh's case, I think weddings might be a little risky but how about using Mrs Blueberry for local promotions? Advertising businesses etc. I get quite a bit of this kind of work too.
It is less demanding than a wedding and easier to cancel or re-schedule if a problem occurs.

All the best

Tony V.
www.usweddingcars.com