title troubles? should be relatively easy Not WA.

title troubles? should be relatively easy Not WA.

In Washington, unless you are the owner that lost the title, it is a bit more
unsettling. The State will issue you a temporary title that lasts for three
years. During that time, your car is in a sort of "limbo". That means that if
no one decides to make a claim, you get to apply for a real title and keep it,
but only after three years. If you are lucky and know who the last titled owner
was, then you can obtain documents that they can fill out that releases past
interests in the car. If they decide not to cooperate, then you are back to
square one, the temporary title. Been there done that...

At least that is the legal way to do it. I am sure that there are other ways,
but I don't know what they would be.

Paul