Bill, Vancouver/ BUDD Brakes

THANKS BILL, for the full explaination.
SORRY about my ignorance.....................
I guess that's what happens when I try to retain ALL THIS IMPERIAL information in my already FULL brain.
I was confusing the BUDD brakes with the BENDIX brakes........
I wasn't sure if I should be careful buying a '65 ........... I knew the BUDD brakes were somewhere there in the mid '60's.............
THANKS,
Michael Howlett
Portland Oregon

***************************

Nope. Neither the 1965 Chrysler nor the 1965 Imperial was available with

disc brakes.

Budd brakes first appeared in 1966 on Chrysler's C-body cars - Fury, Polara,

Monaco and Chrysler. In 1967 the Imperial adopted the C-body and gained

Budd disc brakes.

The drum brakes were Bendix design. The master cylinder and most of the

parking brake and hold-down parts interchange between the 1965 Imperial (D

body) and power-brake equipped 1965 C-body cars. Shoes and drums are unique

to the Imperial, though.

Bill

Vancouver, BC