62 crown brake troubles

Write a note to Bob Hoffmeister at Imperial Heaven (info in the Web site under
"Parts"). He can probably sell you a good set of complete backing plates for
your car.

I actually had the opposite problem on my '62 where the adjusters were free and
would tighten up, but the first time you hit the brakes, they would back off
again. Drove me nuts! I finally replaced the front backing plates with another
good used set that I had retrieved from a wrecking yard many years ago.

To do a good brake job on a '62 (which you should do anyway if you plan to
drive the car) all of that has to come apart. You might as well plan on doing
it right. Collect all of the parts, consult the shop manual and read everything
that our Web site has to offer on the subject before you start. Most of us have
been through this at least once, some of us a couple of dozen times.

Enjoy!

Paul