71 4-door weatherstrip

Hello,
   The parts sources I have contacted (Year One, etc)
say I must find NOS for the rear window 1/4 glass
sealing strip.  This is the rubber/felt strip that
attaches to the leading edge of the rear windows,
which the chrome strip on the rear edge of the front
window seals against.  I figured that with all the
4-door no-post cars out there, I could adapt one meant
for another car.  Has anyone done this?

Thanks
Bruce S