Vendor's defending their products

In fairness to John Rosen, I purchased NOS seat covers for my '59 in the
correct turquoise Balmoral tweed & leather from him in January.  His price
for plenty of material to redo the front and back seats was I felt quite
reasonable.  These were seat covers, not the raw material - they were sewn
together in various configurations for Chrysler to install them on the cars
back in 1959.  They were left over when the model run ended, and never
used.  A creative upholsterer can nip and tuck and make what I bought work
for my car.  I made a special trip to Phoenix to inspect the covers, and I
was very pleased with what I got.  I know that many, MANY folks have had
horrific dealings with him, but I had no complaints.  He said he would do
something and he did it.  His prices on some other stuff were very steep,
but I saw his house (jammed to the ceiling with Imperial parts of every
description) and he does have a lot of parts that might otherwise be
unobtainable.  He's VERY eccentric, but I worked with him like I'd work
with any very touchy client, and made a very concious effort to be
exceedingly polite, and humor some of his statements at which others might
take offense.  If there was a part that I needed that is unlikely to be
found in decent condition from another source, I wouldn't hesitate to call
him, and bit the price bullet.

Don't flame me with all of the horror stories, or if your future dealings
with him turn awry.  This was just my experience.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
et al.