Antenna Questions ' '56

I do not know of any '56 Imperial's that had a power antenna from the factory.
That doesn't mean that they didn't offer one, but the sales literature, owners
manual, and shop manual don't discuss one either.

The ones that I have seen were either added at the dealer when the car was new,
or were added later by a previous owner. The most sympathetic installation I
have seen had a small chrome push button under the dash that didn't show.
Others that I have seen did not look very good.

Other than the location of the switch, there is nothing really to hide. I
wouldn't recommend one that disappears into a little hole in the fender. Any
that would have been installed on a '56 would have had an exposed bulb and
small amount of the antenna showing on the top of the fender once it was in the
lowered position.

Paul