Antenna Questions ' '56

I discovered today that the reason that the radio in my '56 Sedan doesn't
work is that the antenna is broken.  Since I'm going to have to replace it
anyway, I'd like to consider going back to a power unit such as the car was
originally equipped (or so I understand).

Can anyone provide me with information on the OEM antenna and sources for
same or something equivalent?

Thanks
Jeff
'56 Sedan