Need a '67 power steering gear box -- Can I use '68?

Need a '67 power steering gear box -- Can I use '68?

> My '67's power steering gear box is leaking pretty
> badly.  It seems that

Before you replace it, Tim, here are a few tips to
try.  If you have tried them already, humor me, I just
performed them myself on my '67's leaky box and they
worked great.  First, make sure you had been using
only power steering fluid in the box.  If not, drain
it all out as best you can..or just wait for it all to
leak out.  Next, fill the power steering box with a
blend of 20W-50 motor oil mixed with brake fluid..use
about a tablespoon of brake fluid for every quart of
oil you put in.  Make sure you shake it up really good
before putting it in.  Using this solution to top it
off should slow the leak.  Gradually switch to using
straight 20W-50 oil, and as long as the leak is
lessened, you can use thinner oil (like a 10W-30) when
you top it off subsequently.  But use the 20W-50 till
the leak subsides.  If it does not, you may have to
use a thicker oil like straight 30W or straight 40W.
If even the 40W doesn't stop the leak, then you need
the box rebuilt.

As far as I know, there is no harm to using motor oil
in the pump, Dimitrios taught me this stop-leak
procedure which he's used on both his '68's and he
hasn't had any other problems with the pumps.

> What's my best strategy?  Can a '68 model be used in
> a '67, perhaps

I don't see why a 68 box wouldnt fit...the cars are
virtually identical except for cosmetic differences.
check www.partamerica.com and look under '67 Chrysler
Imperial, I believe they list the part.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro