Imperial 1993 suspension?

on 15/04/04 19:47, Laurent Daudelin at laurentdaudelin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> on 15/04/04 12:45, David.Whitney@xxxxxxxx at David.Whitney@xxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>>> I'd like to keep it original as much as possible, but
>>> definitely not at all cost...
>>

>> Laurent --
>>
>> I guess I did not mention the '91 is my daily driver, and that's what I
>> bought
>> her for.  I did keep the air ride parts in case I ever decide to revert for
>> the sake of originality.  Every day I have to remind myself, "It's not a show
>> car, it's not a show car..." or I'll start stressing on everything that might
>> cost me points.

Following up on my initial post, I did carefully check the performance of
the electronic air suspension tonight. I sat on each corner of the car while
it was running. After 18 seconds, I heard the compressor on the back
starting and the car started to lift. Then, I got off and, again, after
around 18 seconds, I heard a little "click" and the air was obviously
released as the car went down a little bit. I also checked the front, but
with the engine running, I couldn't tell whether the compressor worked and I
was unable to tell whether the car was lifted.

So, it seems that the compressor and the air lines are working. I guess that
the shocks still need to be replaced if the car bumps a little too much when
taking a little bump, right? And from what I've read from the links that
were nicely provided to me, only the dealer has those?

Thanks!

-Laurent.
--
Logiciels Nemesys Software                mailto:laurentdaudelin@xxxxxxxxxxx