finding parts , 392's or otherwise

Folks, Napa or Partsvoice or whoever you talk to....find a place where they
still have some BOOKS.   Those are those big thick things with pages in
them, like where we used to find phone numbers in.  Most of the parts stores
wont know what the heck you are referring to, since they use computers - and
we all know how reliable those things are - to look up the top 40 selling
parts for the top 40 selling cars from the last 10 years or so.  Ok, maybe
they go back a little more than that ....but most of the droids behind the
counter ( and yes I spent years in that industry so I know what Im talking
about ) that you find nowadays dont know that engines were ever made that
were bigger than 1.8 liters.

Try and find a store that has a machine shop, or does wholesale as well as
strictly retail business.  They have things called buyers guides and
interchanges that can tell them that a WIX 51515 filter is the same as a
Fram PH-8A, and bunches of other kewl ideas.  Ebay also sells parts
catalogs, I have purchased Moog, TRW, Monroe, Goodyear Belts and Hoses,
Gates Belts and Hoses,  Wagner Lighting, Sealed Power Engine Parts etc etc
catalogs over the last few years for 5, 7 bucks a piece.  Pocket change to
be able to go to a store and show someone and say " this is what I
want...find it"

I know for some of us Im preachin to the choir, but realize that we are
dealing with cars that are not THAT rare and have much in common with other
Mopars of the day, so dont fall for the " im sorry we cant get that " line
of bs, thats just their way of saying " i dont want your business" as far as
im concerned.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe