1990 Imperial Air suspension:

Hi Everyone, To answer about 90 Imperial air susp. We own a 1990 Imp with 234,000 miles. The air susp. died at 70,000. I paid our local Chrysler dealer $876.98 to repair it.It went out again at 98,000 and 132,000. I quickly tired of feeding the dealer good money to keep a poorly designed system functioning. I replaced the air susp. with struts and rear springs from a fleet package Dynasty. It was a bolt in swap with almost no changes to the car. The ride is actually better on the hiway than before. It also handles dramaticly better. The air springs made it handle like a 70s car. I drive an 82 so I like the big car smooth ride.But the 90 is a much smaller car and should handle as such. If you change over to regular springs you will gain better handling ,lower maintainance and no more headaches from breakdowns.  Hope this helps!!     Brian McDermott

Do you Yahoo!?