My '59 new engine/Cooling

You shouldn't need anything extra to "help cool the engine". The cooling system
in our cars was originally built beyond what is necessary to do the job. If the
car overheats, even under the most stressful of routine circumstances, (hot
weather, heavy traffic, high speed driving, etc) there is something else wrong.

Paul

In a message dated 6/17/2004 12:03:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Imperial59crown
writes:

> I was called by my mechanic this morning telling me my car was ready. When I
>got there to pick it up, he told me he had called me again to say there was a
>problem with an air leak in the carburetor which was making it run rough at
>low speeds. He started the engine which purred like a kitten. I have never
>heard it run so smoothly. The engine rebuilder suggested a new carburetor,
>which I tended to agree with since I think one of the cars major problems is
>just that. I told him to keep the car and put a new carburetor on it, and that
>hopefully it would still fit the stock air cleaner. I got home and went to the
>list, and reading about carburetors found that the Edelbrock was essentially a
>copy of the Carter AFB. I called back the mechanic, and he told me he had
>found a new Edelbrock which would fit, and it was found locally. I told him to
>go for it. The car should be ready tomorrow, but I probably won't be able to
>pick it up until Friday. As always I will keep the old parts just in case they
>can be rebuilt. He also suggested a fairing around the fan to make it more
>efficient and help with cooling the engine. Is this true, and if so is there
> any fairings out there that would fit a '59 Imperial?
>
> Bill '59 Crown almost home again
"\ܢdɞƠ{&jSX^jǫzrXX)znm&jwrzhǰY[zZp^w+ڵ鞲ƠzƧumifz{l~)ڶ.ޱnf⚗\ܢdPԔ
   !)znm&칻&ކ