'67 hubcap annoyances...

-Does anyone else have a problem with irritatingly squeaky hubcaps on their
car?

-My '67 came with all original hubcaps...and they squeaked. I had a blowout
last year that destroyed one, so I purchased another set of caps so that I
could salvage and then piece together the best set of 4, which was great....
but again they squeak and creak... I have added rubber washers to all the
fittings that are bolted trying to get rid of this annoying noise, but they
again are squeaking...

-So far, the only silent ride I get is if I remove all the hubcaps which is
unacceptable... >:[

-I love my original caps, but I CAN'T STAND THE SQUEAKING!!! Anyone???

Cliff.