Warning: bad dealership!!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2004 12:01 AM
Subject: IML: Warning: bad dealership!!

Eric found a 1965 Imperial for sale at a dealership that was mentioned on this site right after we purchased it, called Country Classic Cars, located in Staunton Illinois.  The main thing is, is that we bought this car soley on the fact that we would be able to go for family rides this summer in it.  The car will not even drive around our yard.  It is so not driveable that he can barely even start it up.  I am no car expert so I don't know everything that is wrong, but I feel bad for Eric that he was taken advantage of so badly.  >> I urge you to report this to the State's Attorney General's office, State of Illinois, and to their office of consumer affairs.  I feel certain they have consumer affairs office or bureau, even though I do not live in Illinois.  You also should look into a way you might be able to pull this guy's license to operate.  Just for the record:  Be careful with eBay sellers too.  eBay offers an inspection service, which saved me a SERIOUS headache on a 1960 Imperial Crown Southampton that I was "dieing to have."  The deal died after I got the report from the inspector, which presented a very different car from what the sellers were presenting.
Vince in Boston