IML Inspections?

--- Mad4cars@xxxxxxx wrote:
>  If the car is cheap or you know what the persons
> knowledge of cars is and if his opinion on condition
> matches yours.. then ok otherwise GO YOURSELF or
> dont buy it...

I agree.  Pictures never tell the full story (even
video isn't adequate), and there's no possible way
that you can "hire" someone else to look for the
things that are important to YOU as a potential buyer.
 When anyone looks at a car, we all "see" different
things.

I've found over the years that many people aren't
necessarily trying to cheat the buyer, but they just
have a different idea of what constitutes "good
condition" (or whatever label they choose to use).
I've made some long trips to see cars in person, and
it's always paid off to have done so.  Just a couple
of months ago I drove from Chattanooga to New York --
and was really glad I did, because if the car I was
considering had appeared on a truck in my driveway, I
would have had a heart attack.

It's possible to buy sight-unseen with a satisfactory
conclusion (my '70 Imperial was purchased just that
way, and is actually better than described), but the
buyer has to ask questions about EVERYTHING!  Having
an inspection can help, but there's nothing like
seeing the car in person.

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/