'67 hubcap annoyances...

> In fact, since the radial tires have "softer" side
> walls than the old bias plys,
> it makes even less sense to attribute the noise to

Edumacate me...I thought radials had a stiffer
sidewall....I have heard that cars originally intended
to run on bias plies have a harsher ride when switched
to radials.  Also, one would think that the stiffer
sidewalls would enhance cornering ability, which
modern cars seem so very proud of...and which most
older cars (at least, American ones) lacked in.

Having never driven a car with bias plies (I'm nly 26
years old) I have no first hand knowledge, I can only
go by what I've been told by people old enough to have
driven bias ply shod automobiles.

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

One point eight litres