73 Imperial Dash

--- Imp75coupe@xxxxxxx wrote:
> The dash on my 73 has cracked and peeled back pretty
> bad.  As I see it, I have a few options.
> 1. Go to Just Dashes (or another vendor)and get a
> new one made and shell out some bucks

I think Just Dashes may be pretty pricey.

> 2. Try to find one in a salvage yard, clean and
> paint it black (if not already black)

This is probably your best option.  Any '71 - '73
Imperial dash pad will work, and re-dying it black
should be a relatively easy procedure (just make sure
it's as CLEAN as possible first).  I expect a rescued
dash pad will be much cheaper than a "new" one from
Just Dashes.

> 3. Try to find one from a "sister car" such as a New
> Yorker (would they  fit?)

Unfortunately, the New Yorker dash pad is quite
different.  I think it might physically fit, but you
would lose that wonderful ledge along the lower part
of the dash.

Most of the '71-'73 dash pads I've seen over the years
-- even in junkyards -- have held up pretty well, so I
bet you can find a decent used one to work with.  :o)

Good luck!

Elijah

=====
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/