Wheels for '60-'66 Imperials

Thanks Paul,

Neither my '63 Custom 4dr Southampton, nor my '60 Convertible (wonder if
it the same red one someone posted about selling a day or 2 ago, red
leather interior? Of course, mine was redone in red vinyl, so it can't
be the same) ever had a problem with rims, let alone hubcaps.  That
covers 7 years, and many miles of driving.  The '66 appears better, more
original, and drives better than the other two, but I have gone through
at least 4 rims in 4 years.  The replacements have been a little rusty
on the surface, and my own fault for not taking the time to clean, and
paint them, but I also needed the car on the road right away so that may
be it.

As far as the hubcaps, I do believe the '66 is much heavier than the
previous styles.  They certainly make more noise, flexing on the car,
you can hear it sometimes if the surrounding acoustics lend themselves
to it, and have many more parts to them.  I have used tape, and gone
through them making sure the teeth are strait, but every once in a
while, ZING! First you hear it, unmistakable sound.  Then you see it,
bouncing, rolling across lanes.  Then you  hit the brakes, pull over if
you can, get out, and risk your life crossing over up to four lanes of
traffic, not something I do wantingly, or legally probably, but I gotta
get that cover!  Unless someone has actually run it over, many times it
can go back on the car after cleanup.  They will take a licking, and
keep ticking sometimes.

This is just my experience, not scientific at all, but I have read here
about these rims not liking radials too, so who can tell.

I do like the sound of the Coker rims, so maybe one day, not sure how
they would look on a '66, but at least it would be better than those
others.  My opinion only, of course.  As I enter middle age, kicking and
screaming the entire time, I do find myself disenfranchised with what is
popular now for people to do to their cars.  Those rims being a perfect
example.

I still would like to know who makes them, if they go over the original
drums, or if the car was modified to accept a conventional designed
wheel.

Happy motoring!

Bill