56 Coupe Ebay

Chuck,

This car was for sale in Vermont in the winter of 2003.  I was interested in
seeing the car in person, but the owner said a man from New York was also
interested in it, and I couldn't get to it before he did.  I assume he
bought the car and is now re-selling it.

The lady in Vermont said it had been her late fathers car.  He ran off the
road with it and ended up in a ditch and that's how the right side rocker
moulding came off.  She said he was in his nineties and still driving,
although very occasionally.  She said he took it to Florida when he was in
his 80's, but after his death it was put away in a barn for several (?)
years.  I imagine the Vermont winters were not kind to this car, nor the
barn environment it had to endure.  She said there were a ton of extra parts
for it also, which makes me skeptical for several reasons:  1.  Why so many
"extra" parts for a car with so few miles, 2.  Why an engine switch for a
car with so few miles, and 3.  Why haven't either owner just put back the
rocker strip if they "have the part".  The ad sounds like the present owner
has done a bunch of work on it, which is interesting, because when I talked
to the woman in Vermont, she said she'd be looking for something in the 9K
to 10K range.  Either the present owner is losing his shirt on this one, or
he got it for a song.  For $6000, it's either a real bargain or a real rat
trap.  She never mentioned that there had been an engine swap; perhaps the
present owner swapped the engines or there was a major problem earlier on in
the cars life that she wasn't aware of.  I imagine that she told the present
owner that someone in California was also interested in purchasing the car,
and that's why he mentioned that the car "could make the drive to
California" specifically in his ad on e-bay...

Bob Trepanier