Y pipes for 62-66 Imperials

 --- On Mon 08/02, Quint Villanueva < Qlv@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
From: Quint Villanueva [mailto: Qlv@xxxxxxxxx]
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:31:13 -0700
Subject: Re: IML: Need Advice re: Power Steering Unit

Thanks for the advice, Paul.<br>----- Original Message ----- <br>From:
August 02, 2004 11:32 AM<br>Subject: Re: IML: Need Advice re: Power Steering
is called)<br>seal fell apart. It is located at the bottom of the unit. I did
have this<br>happen to one of my cars. I was able to stop the leak with some
"ommy goop",<br>but eventually the seal totally failed, as they usually do, at
an<br>inopportune time and place. Finding the seal was easy, replacing it
8/2/2004 12:12:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Quint<br>Villanueva"
the power steering unit on my 1953 Imperial.<br>The unit had been
leaking/dripping power steering fluid for some time. I<br>used Lucas' power
steering fluid to stop the leak, which it did for a while.<br>Recentl
y, the leaks became more noticeable and finally the entire contents<br>of the
p/s reservoir spilled out on to the garage floor. An eyeball<br>examination
revealed an apparent leak in the steering box. It isn't where<br>the p/s hoses
connect, they are ok. It appears that a seal in the steering<br>box may have
broken causing the p/s fluid to drain out.<br>> ><br>> >My questions are these:
Did anyone ever have a similar problem, if so,<br>how did you fix it?<br>>
>Would it
A friend of mine found that he had 2 Y pipes for a 62-66 Imperial. He has no
use for them and wants to sell them. They are both never used and he also has
some other assorted pieces for the same vehicles. If anyone is interested you
can call him at 1-740-765-5006 any time after 7:00 p.m. est. His name is Jim
Kough and he resides in eastern Ohio.                  Thanks everyone,   Alex
57 Imp conv.

be easier to replace the steering box or replace only the seal,<br>providing I
-----------------<br>> This message was sent to you by the Imperial Mailing
be<br>> shared with everyone. Private messages (and attachments) for the<br>>
Administrators should be sent to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<br>> To
UN-SUBSCRIBE, go to
  http://www.imperialclub.com  -----------------<br>This message was sent to
you by the Imperial Mailing List. Please <br>reply to
mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and your response will be <br>shared with